2012年7月23日 星期一

Happy Birthday to Condoleezza Rice


Today is Condoleezza Rice's birthday.

Yes, our lovely and talented Secretary of State was born on November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama. You can read her biography at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/nsc/ricebio.html

I talked to Cindy who you should remember is a member of Scott McClellan's staff at the Blair House. Having a Washington insider has proved very helpful to me. I called her on my new Radio Shack® 2.4 GHz cordless telephone which I purchased at the local drug store so that I can walk around while talking to Cindy.

We don't have a Radio Shack® store in our town. The drug store has doubled up. They also have one dozen chocolate covered cherries for $1.29 if you're interested. They have Orange Sticks. Yum, Yum!

I called Scott McClellan's office and Scott picked up the telephone. I said, "I didn't know you answered your own telephone."

He said, "Who are you?"

I'm Taylor Jones, the hack writer. I was calling Cindy.

Everything went dead. There was no dial tone so I hung on for a while.

I walked around the track at the high school a few times and then decided to walk one more to make it one mile. Then I walked up to the end of the street and back again. Exhausted from all of this, I sat down in my sleep chair in front of the television. I was just about to hang up when that sweet voice came on the line. She said, "This is Cindy. I'm sorry you had to wait so long."

I said, "It was just a moment. Don't be sorry."

"Oh, it's you again. Taylor Jones the hack writer. What do you want this time?"

I said, "I see that Condoleezza is in Iraq."

"And?"

"Well, haven't you heard? It's not safe there since Bush War II started. I'm afraid she could get hurt, traveling to all those dangerous places. I don't want her to get hurt. Somebody could drop something on her lovely long fingers and she wouldn't be able to play the piano."

Cindy said, "I've got some news for you Taylor Jones, the hack writer. She is Secretary of State! She has a security system second only to Vice President Dick Cheney. No body can get to her unless she wants them to."

I said, "You must admire her courage. She is bold in her speech too. God love that woman!"

Cindy said, "I think that Taylor Jones, the hack writer, has a crush on the Secretary of State. You know she has her husband with her at all times. You'd better watch your step!"

That's when Cindy laughed. I was glad that the pressure was down in the Press Secretary's office. I said, "I guess Scott is doing better."

"Yeh! Right! Hey, I've got to go. Don't call back Taylor Jones, the hack writer."

I knew she was only kidding. I said, "We have forgotten something, haven't we, Cindy?"

She said, "Okay, but try to stay in tune." We sang together:

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday dear, sweet, smart, talented Condoleezza!

Happy birthday to you!

Cindy is so sweet too!

Copyright©John T. Jones, Ph.D. 2005




John T. Jones, Ph.D. (tjbooks@hotmail.com), a retired college professor and business executive, Former editor of an international engineering magazine. To learn more about Wealthy Affiliate University go to his info site. If you desire a flagpole to Fly Old Glory, go to the business site.

More info: http://www.InternetBusinessToolCenter.com

Business web site: http://www.AAAFlagpoles.com





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言